Why Organic?

20151119_112605I remember when Wizard of Homes started.  We got our first client and it was the only client of the week for me. Back then I did not know about organic or natural cleaning supplies so I cleaned the bathroom with clorox, tilex, scrubbing bubbles and other toxic products. Cleaning the bathroom took about 45 minutes each time. The door was open but there was no windows or other ventilation so I was breathing those fumes the entire time. Today, 6 years later I still feel like my face is swollen and eyes are burning when I think back to that time. I remember my face clearly when I looked at myself in the mirror, coughing so hard that my chest hurt, face red and I felt like crap.

 

I remember myself lying on the couch in my home after the cleaning days: my body exhausted from breathing in those nasty fumes. This was definitely no joke and my body was sending me a clear message: this is not working out. I went on a search for a better way to clean and soon discovered lots of natural alternatives.

These days we’re fortunate enough to have natural cleaning supplies available in every store and clorox can be left for occasional deep cleans. I’m glad to see that people are starting to realize that you don’t need to smell a strong odor of chlorine for things to be clean. People are starting to understand that clean really has no smell. You don’t smell anything because things are clean.

 

In 2010 I was introduced to Shaklee and I instantly fell in love: 2 small drops of concentrate made a full bottle of 100% organic and safe cleaner that had no smell but cleaned and shined like a freaking master. Shaklee’s products don’t contain phosphates, dyes, toxins, toxic fumes, hazardous chemicals, fragrance or my least favorite: CHLORINE.

 

So, why organic? Because why would you breathe in the air that makes your eyes burn? Why would you think that the chlorine-filled air means that your home is now clean? You just replaced the dirty home with toxic air. The air that you and your kids breathe in. The tub that your baby bathes in, still has traces of chlorine in it.  Same chlorine that made my eyes burn and face swollen.

 

The way I see it: it’s just common sense to switch to organic products.

And listen, I am not saying to ban Soft Scrub from your collection. I see why chemicals are needed for 1-2 times a year deep clean. But there is literally no need to use chemicals for your daily and weekly housecleaning needs. And those of you who are worried about disinfecting (I am not, for example. No fear of germs in my house) Shaklee also has disinfecting wipes!

So, that’s why organic.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s